It's 3 products in 1! Avagard™ Surgical and Healthcare Personnel Hand Antiseptic combines alcohol for rapid kill, Chlorhexidine Gluconate for persistence plus emollients for skin conditioning.
Avagard™ Surgical and Healthcare Personnel Hand Antiseptic is the only FDA NDA approved brushless, waterless instant hand antiseptic that contains two active ingredients - alcohol for rapid kill and Chlorhexidine Gluconate for persistent, cumulative activity and proprietary lotion formula to prevent dry cracked skin. 16 fl. oz., 500 mL wedge bottle.
- Fast, effective antimicrobial protection, without water or scrubbing, for surgical hand antisepsis
- Persistent antimicrobial protection for up to six hours
- Provides rapid antimicrobial kill of a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including antibiotic resistant strains, with greater than 99% microbial kill in 15 seconds
- Advanced, emollient-rich lotion base helps prevent dry, cracked hands, protecting and maintaining skin barrier integrity
- Reduces material waste of water, sterile towels, scrub brushes and hand rub
- Proven safe and effective for daily use and compatible with latex gloves
- Meets CDC guideline recommendations for surgical hand antiseptic selection
- Use as a surgical hand antiseptic prior to surgery (6 mL application)
- Use as a healthcare personnel hand wash when caring for high risk patient populations (2mL application)
- Available in two convenient sizes: 500 mL and 1.2 liter