For application to sides and rear of large trucks, trailers and other vehicles to increase their visibility, especially when the vehicle is turning or crossing roadways
3M™ Diamond Grade™ Conspicuity Markings Series 983 is a highly reflective microprismatic lens sheeting
- Meets requirements set out in UNECE R104 Mandatory European regulations
- No dirt and water penetration due to edge sealing
- Vivid colors and bright white ensures maximum reflectivity and superior daytime color
- Bright vivid colours
- Superior day and nighttime brightness
- Rear marking plates for large vehicles
- The reflective material must carry the “E-mark” which means the tape meets the minimum requirements of the regulation. The reflective markings must be 'Class RA2' or 'microprismatic' (e.g. 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ reflective sheeting) in the case of rear markings and 'high visibility fluorescent or non fluorescent yellow reflective' in the case of side markings.
- Red or yellow markings must be used for the rear of the vehicle, as close as practicable to the edge of the vehicle. Yellow or white markings may be used for the side of vehicles, covering at least 80 per cent of its length.